I’ve been getting back into yoga lately with the whole lockdown thing going on, almost practicing every day! I know a lot of other people are too and might be looking into getting a new yoga mat. Especially from Society6 since they have so many cute and unique designs created by artists like myself.
So I bought a yoga mat from Society6 with one of my mandala designs on it and thought I’d share a review of it today for those on the fence about getting one.
What I love about my yoga mat from Society6:
- The artwork is vivid, crisp, and makes me happy to look at (especially since it’s my own art).
- It has a nice, grippy texture (see close-up below).
- It’s not too thick but squishy enough to be comfortable while lying down on the ground.
- It comes with a carrying strap for easy transportation to and from the yoga studio.
- Very affordable for the quality.
- The perfect length for yoga practice (70″ long by 24″ wide, 1/2″ thick).
Quick note: When I first unrolled the yoga mat it had a strong chemical smell.
I assume a combination of the yoga mat material with the printing process made it smell that way.
To remedy this, my yoga teacher recommended rubbing essential oil on it. After doing that and airing it out overnight the smell did go away. Apparently this is common with a lot of yoga mats.
Beyond this initial unpleasant experience, everything else about the mat has impressed me and I absolutely love using it. Back when I was still going to in person classes, I always received compliments on the mat and people asking me where I got it from.
So if you are on the fence about getting a yoga mat from Society6, I say go for it!
Check out my full line of yoga mats here.
And to go along with your new yoga mat, here’s one of my favourite yoga workout videos from Youtube!
Interested in more reviews of Print on Demand products?
See these posts:
You must log in to post a comment.