Are you an artist struggling to come up with ideas on what to post on Instagram? Whether you use your feed, reels, or stories, there are so many ways to share your art on Instagram!
In this post I’m sharing over 25 Instagram post ideas for artists.
A few things to consider: Create value for your audience. Whether it’s something pretty to look at, sharing information, or a relatable story in the captions. Interact with your audience. Ask a question. Get people excited and engaged with your content!
Instagram Feed Posts Ideas:
1. Finished artwork
2. Works in progress
3. Photos of yourself with or holding your artwork
4. Introduction posts. Share a photo of yourself in your studio with a quick introduction for new followers
5. Close ups of your artwork, either a WIP or tease of a final piece
6. Mockups of your artwork on products (download from your POD stores, make your own, or use a mock up generator service like Place It)
7. Real life photos of your artwork on products
8. Join trending hashtags and art challenges like #artvsartist or #dtiys (draw this in your style)
9. Art supplies – review or showcase the tools you use to create your art
10. Studio shots/ behind the scenes
11. Shareable quotes (created by you, using your own artwork)
12. Celebrate an occasion or holiday with a related artwork or design
Instagram Reels Ideas:
13. Timelapse videos of yourself creating an art piece
14. Tutorials demonstrating your process, how to use a specific tool or product
15. Trending video memes with an art or art business spin on it
17. “Day in the life” (of an artist)
18. Still images along to the beat of a song
19. Using trending filters on your artwork
20. Animated artwork (can be really simple)
21. “Satisfying” art process
Instagram Story Post Ideas:
Anything goes on stories, they are less formal and go away in 24 hours.
22. Behind the scenes – going for a walk to gather inspiration, your art studio etc.
23. Teasers for new artwork or content (tutorials, blog posts etc)
24. This or that, showing 2 of your artworks and ask your audience which one they like more
25. Announce a sale and use a link sticker to link to your shop(s)
26. Ask your audience a question (poll)
27. Share a new blog post or video on Youtube or another platform (link with sticker)
28. Share a new (or old) post or reel from your feed to your Stories
29. Celebrate an occasion or holiday, sometimes there are stickers for this so you can share with a wider audience
Looking for more Instagram tips for artists? Check out this blog post!
You can also check out my own Instagram feed for even more post inspiration.
I hope you’ve found this list of Instagram post ideas for artists helpful!
3 thoughts on “25+ Instagram Post Ideas for Artists”
You must log in to post a comment.