Do you want to learn how to digitize your art for Print on Demand websites?
You’ve come to the right place, because I’ve been selling my art online for over 7 years. During that time I figured out how to produce the highest quality work for my stores. I have sold thousands of products featuring my artwork through my Print on demand stores, from hand drawn line art to watercolor paintings.
For example: I created a t-shirt from my drawing of a ladybug from the Mandalatober challenge (an art challenge I participated in on Instagram.)
This technique will work on your hand drawn line art, doodles and illustrations, or even paintings, as long as they are small enough to fit in your scanner bed.
In this tutorial I will take you through the following steps:
- Scanning your art into Photoshop.
- Doing some preliminary clean up of the artwork in Photoshop.
- Cleaning up the artwork and smoothing out lines in Illustrator, using the Image Trace tool.
- More Photoshop tricks for prepping the artwork to upload to the Print on Demand sites.
- Required file types you need for the Print on Demand sites.
- Several tips and tricks along the way.
I created this video to take you through the process of digitizing my own hand drawn artwork, using a combination of Photoshop and Illustrator. I figured this would be the easiest way to demonstrate this process, rather than trying to describe it to you.
This tutorial is only a small part of my comprehensive class on how to sell your art online – From Design to Product: Sell Your Art Online with Print on Demand websites.
You can watch the whole class for free when you sign up for a 1 month trial of Skillshare membership!
I hope you’ve found this tutorial useful, and learned how to digitize your art for Print on demand websites properly! If you want to learn more about how to sell your art through Print on Demand websites, check out these posts:
- How to Design for Print on Demand Websites
- Where to Sell Your Art Online
- 5 Tips to Increase Your Redbubble Sales
If you’re looking for ways to create purely digital art for use on Print on Demand websites, you may enjoy this class on how to Create Your Own Sublimation Designs.